Locally owned and operated, serving Southwest Florida
We will thoroughly inspect all major components of the property. We will inform you of future maintenance that will be required and also inform you of any defects with the home. You will then be able to make an informed decision about the home based on our findings.
We will follow the Standard of Practices to offer you a thorough inspection. A comprehensive inspection report will be present that will explain the findings.
Our customers will receive a mobile-friendly inspection report that is easy to read, complete with detailed colored photographs and a clear explanation of our findings. Each inspection will include a Free Recall Check on the appliances in the home. This is confirmed with the make and model of your home.
Free Home Maintenance advisory is given to the new homeowner of the homes we inspect. Can provide advice and answer your questions on home maintenance, the inspection report, and other home-related questions that you may have. Many first time home buyers will find great value in this service.
Infrared Scan may be used by your inspector. Using the technologically advanced equipment may allow the inspector to detect moisture that may not be seen otherwise.
- Mechanical System
- Electrical System
- Plumbing System
- Heating & Cooling System
- Visual Inspection for Mold
- Visual Inspection for Chinese Drywall
- Interior (including windows and doors)
- Exterior Cladding & Structure (including deck, patio, & porches)
- Foundation (including crawlspaces)
- Garage (attached and detached)
- Attic (including insulation and ventilation)
- Roof (including penetrations, flashing, and drainage system)
We follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
Residential & Commercial Inspections
New Construction Stage Inspections
Florida Construction is on the rise. Construction stage inspections meet the needs of lending groups throughout Charlotte, Lee, Sarasota, and Desoto County. Residential and commercial inspections are provided to verify stages of completion during construction. These inspections will also ensure compliance with architectural plans and verification of the required quality of workmanship.
We work with many local lending institutes to provide confirmation to the buyers and lenders that the construction is completely based on building specification, time frame, and draw schedules
Many families will hire their own inspection company to inspect the home throughout each stage of construction. This gives you the peace of mind knowing that your contractor is building the home based on the building specification. Kelting Inspections can perform a walk-through inspection on your behalf.
Due to the high levels of humidity in Florida, it is very common to find mold in our area homes. Mold has a potential to cause health problems like allergies, irritation (to lungs, eyes, skin, throat, nose) and are potentially toxic. The longer it grows the more damage it may cause. If there is a mold finding in your home, you then have the opportunity to clean the mold promptly and properly. Mold can be hidden, growing on moisture and can develop into a potentially large problem if not caught in time.
11th Month WarrantyInspection
This inspection will protect you and your property. It will give you that peace of mind after your one year warranty is over.
Today many Insurance carriers request that a home buyer have a Wind Mitigation Inspection performed. Florida state laws entitle you to receive a premium reduction if you qualify for specific discounts. Without a Wind Mitigation inspection, you could be overpaying for windstorm insurance. With a completed inspection you could possibly reduce your premium by 20%- 22%, according to the Florida Department of Financial Services.
If you would like to place insurance on your home and the home is over 30 years old, the insurance company will require you to have a 4 Point Inspection performed. Our 4 Point inspection includes the plumbing systems, heat/AC system, electrical system, and roof structure. We will present you will a completed 4 Point form. We stay abreast of all the insurance industry changes and requirements for your to obtain insurance on your home. Check out our video for more information!
Price for a Home Inspection
The price is based on the square footage of the property being inspected. Our services include:
- A thorough inspection performed by a Licensed and Certified Home Inspector with experience. Insured and Bonded.
- As much time as you need to answer all of your inspection related questions, from an unbiased inspector.
- A digital copy of the report, delivered through a secure website, that you can print, forward or download, generally within 24-48 hours after the inspection.
- Information on the operation and maintenance of the various systems within your home, if necessary.
- A survey to verify compliance with regulations.
- Any out of compliance areas will be documented in a survey and shown in pictures.
- Out of compliance areas will be connected reference with the applicable ADA code for improvements to be made.
- A section showing possible solutions and cost estimates.